Pre-Summit Research Day
- how_to_reg Booking required
- location_on Off-site
- lock_open Restricted participation
The Research Day brings together top academics and researchers to present and discuss topics relevant to the Summit’s theme, providing highly valued input to the Summit’s core programme. The 2019 Pre-Summit Research Day is organised by the International Transport Forum (ITF) together with the European Conference of Transport Research Institutes (ECTRI), the US Transportation Research Board (TRB) and the World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS).
Submission of abstracts
We invite the submission of extended abstracts of up to 1000 words that address Transport Connectivity for Regional Integration. Specific sessions will focus on:
• Air connectivity;
• Freight and logistics;
• Innovation and new mobility services;
• Sustainable transport solutions.
Abstracts shall be submitted by Thursday 7 March 2019 11pm (GMT) on https://trb.secure-platform.com/a/page/ITF_Pre-summit_Research_Day
Date: The Research Day will take place on Tuesday 21 May, one day prior to the official opening of the ITF Summit on Wednesday 22 May.
Where: The venue for the Research Day is Leipziger Messe, Leipzig.
Who can attend: The event is aimed at researchers and policy makers involved in transport connectivity for regional integration questions.
All participants must be registered to the ITF Summit. Practical considerations depend on your current situation, as detailed below.
- If you are registered to the ITF Summit, you can attend the Research Day at no extra cost, up to the capacity of the venue. Please email Caroline Alméras at email@example.com .
- If you are not registered to the ITF Summit, a special registration fee of € 450 will apply. This will cover attendance at both the Research Day as well as the subsequent three Summit days. The fee covers meals (lunches and dinners, except the evening of 21 May) and transport during the Summit days (22, 23 & 24 May and airport transfer). To register, please email Caroline Alméras at firstname.lastname@example.org. If space is available, you will receive in return a registration code to use on the ITF Summit registration portal: http://2019.itf-oecd.org/.
Please note that there will not be a shuttle service to the venue, Leipziger Messe. The Leipziger Messe is easily accessible by public transport from the city centre and official hotels.
ITF Summit badges will be ready for collection at the Research Day.