The objective is to discuss the financial and fiscal sustainability of the road sector, in particular in the context of corridor development and regional integration, looking in particular at the extension of the TEN-T network to the Western Balkans and to the Eastern Partnership countries. Large investments to promote regional integration have been made and are planned to the near future, but ensuring the financial and fiscal sustainability of such investments requires a solid cash-flow to ensure proper operations and maintenance.
The proposal is to discuss the advantages and risks associated with various instruments, including traditional tolling, electronic tolling, vignettes, fuel levies as well as bonds and guarantees to improve long term financial sustainability of corridors.
- Guangzhe Chen, Senior Director, World Bank
- Karla Gonzales, Practice Manager, World Bank
- Ian Jennings, Senior Specialist, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Antonio Nunez, Senior Transport Specialist, World Bank
- Hatem Chahbani, Senior Transport Specialist, World Bank