Integrated Transport Networks in the Asia-Pacific and Beyond
Official Side Event
The event will focus on the issue of transport connectivity in Asia and the Pacific, presenting the regional approach to connectivity and assessing the progress reached in the identification and operation of the regional transport network.
In particular, it will describe the experience of the regional transport connectivity programmes in Asia and highlight the support provided by the regional development actors. It will analyze the impact of the recent regional and national initiatives related to transport connectivity and identify the remaining challenges for a greater integration of the Asia-Pacific region into the global transport networks and global and regional supply chains. The discussions will also touch upon the private sector’s perspective on the regional transport connectivity in Asia and beyond to unleash the full potential of regional, economic integration.
- Hongjoo Hahm, Deputy Executive Secretary, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- Robert Guild, Chief Sector Officer, Sustainable Development and Climate Change, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Yuri Petrov, Assistant to the Minister, Ministry of Transport, Russian Federation
- Jari Kauppila, Head of Quantitative Policy Analysis and Foresight, ITF
- Frida Youssef, Chief Transport Section, Division on Technology and Logistics, UNCTAD
- Azhar Jaimurzina, Chief of the Transport Connectivity and Logistics Section of the Transport Division, UNESCAP
- Nancy Vandycke, Program Manager, Sustainable Mobility for All (SuM4All), World Bank
- Jens Hügel, Senior Adviser, International Road Transport Union (IRU).
ESCAP Asian Highway and Trans-Asian Railway and Dry Ports Network: https://www.unescap.org/our-work/transport
Contact person: James Leather, Chief, Transport Sector Group, SDSC-TRA, firstname.lastname@example.org