Leading the change towards greater diversity in transport
- Lunchtime Session
A Summit networking lunch around the theme of “Leading the change towards greater diversity in transport” will be jointly hosted by ITF, TUMI Women Mobilize Women, International Association of Public Transport (UITP) and the World Bank (Partners).
This session aims to highlight the role of leaders - women and men - in transforming the sector and promoting greater diversity in transport. It will be an opportunity for all stakeholders to share current developments and recent and planned initiatives on enhancing gender diversity in transport. The outcomes of this session/ key messages will be published in the 2019 ITF Compendium on Women in Transport and in other relevant channels by the Partners.
The luncheon will gather approximately 100 participants, representing governments, international organisations, business, civil society, media and academia in order to provide a wide range of perspective on the topic and encourage exchange and debate.
The participants will be seated at round tables (8-10 participants per table); each table will be hosted by discussion leaders.
- Muneeza Alam, Transport Economist, The World Bank
- Guangzhe Chen, Senior Director, Transport Global Practice, The World Bank
- Sandra LaFortune, Director General, International Relations and Trade Policy, Transport Canada
- Mohamed Mezghani, Secretary General, International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- Magdalena Olczak-Rancitelli, Manger, Summit and Institutional Relations, ITF
- Vera Scholz, Director, Division Climate Change, Environment and Infrastructure, GIZ
- Cecil Texier, Sustainability & CSR Vice-President of Alstom
- Sheila Watson, Sheila Watson, Deputy Director & Director of Environment and Research, FIA Foundation
- Asa Vagland, Senior Advisor, Transport Markets Division, Ministry of Infrastructure Government Offices of Sweden